Twenty members of Founders' Circle had an exclusive opportunity to get an inside look into the Charleston the weekend of October 25. Some highlights of the trip were:
- A visit to the American College of Building Arts.
- A visit to Gibbes Museum of Art with a Meet & Greet with Angela Mack, Executive Director, and a curator led tour focusing on their collection of Sweet Grass Baskets.
- A visit to City Gallery for the Mary Whyte Opening Reception.
- A customized Gullah Tour with Alphonso Brown to emphasize indigo dying, sweet grass and wrought iron with a specific focus on the work of Philip Simmons.
- Studio Visits with Mary Edna Fraser (Batik), Kaminer Haislip (Silversmith), a Master Sweet Grass Basket Weaver and Fletcher Wright III (interdisciplinary).
- Signature tour of Drayton Hall.
It was a beautiful weekend filled with art and fellowship - the hallmarks of any Founders' Circle event. Many thanks to Whitney Feld for all of her hard work orchestrating and curating this trip.